Back to job offers
Dry reforming energy efficiency
Located in Luxembourg
Master Thesis for 6 months
In the frame of the CO2 emission reduction requirements for the steel industry, Paul Wurth is developing the dry reforming of coke oven gas and/or natural gas together with the blast furnace top gas.
This technology can allow reducing the CO2 emissions from the steel plant in a stepwise approach to up to 40%.
Calculation models for:
- Overall heat recovery flow sheet
- Heat exchangers flame temperature
- Pressure drop calculation
- Individual process parameters of the compressors / blowers
- Energy calculations
Technical documents at conceptual level including:
- PIDs, layout, equipment arrangement
- Functional and process description
- Equipment specifications
- Automatic bill of quantity
- Supplier evaluations
Commercial documents including:
- Supplier quotations
- Cost estimation sheet
Elaboration of intermediate and the final report as well as regular presentations of the work progress.
- You are currently pursuing a Master with a specialization in process or chemical engineering
- Technical knowledge with respect to heat and mass balances
- High degree of initiative and responsibility and willingness to fully invest yourself in the assigned projects
- Interaction with our purchasing department and colleagues from the relevant technical areas of Paul Wurth as well as with suppliers
- Fluent in English.
Nice To Have:
German or/and French
Apply for this job