Back to job offers
Static Calculation Engineer (m/f)
Located in Luxembourg
Are you passionate about static calculation engineering? Join our team and become part of the plant layout department in our business unit iron. As static calculation engineer you work in a dynamic environment, get involved in nearly all our industrial projects while interacting with customers and sub-contractors.
- Model/transfer solid modelling constructions into calculation software
- Make suggestions for work processes and modelling improvements
- Calculate pressure vessel and pressure equipment
- Assist calculation for mixed construction with vessels and structures
- Propose alternative design to fit project requirements and value engineering and define design criteria
- Meet customers for static calculation oriented meetings
- Supervise, coordinate and control sub-contractors, performing work for the static calculation team
- Support internal engineering teams in using appropriate standards and norms.
- Interesting development possibilities in an international, innovative and dynamic company
- Large training measures and target-oriented feedback
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours and entitlement to leave, which passes the legal frame
- Extra social security benefits like additional pension insurance, additional health and accident insurances.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or a comparable industrial field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position, in an industrial or construction environment
- Strong knowledge in Ansys and Ansys Workbench
- Fluent in English and good language skills in either French or German
- Strong knowledge in applicable norms and standards for pressure vessels design and calculation (PED and EN 13445)
- Knowledge in some similar national standards to EN 13445 (e.g. AD Merkblatt; CODAP; ASME)
- Basic knowledge in structural sizing and calculation of steel structure according to EN 1993
- Strong skills in analytical and logical problem solving
- High degree of initiative and ability to manage numerous assignments simultaneously.
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge in PTC and/or AUTODESK products
- Knowledge in spacecam for Ansys pre-modelling
- Cesar and/or Rohr 2
- SCIA Engineer
- Basics in EN 1990 (fabrication and CE marking).
Apply for this job