Back to job offers
Internship / Bachelor- / Master thesis: Usage of hydrogen to mitigate blast furnace CO₂ emissions
Located in Luxembourg
Are you interested in taking the engineering challenges towards a greener environment? Are you enthusiastic to work in a dynamic team of engineers to develop new solutions toward less CO2 emission? Take this opportunity to leverage skills and talent. Inspire us with your professionalism, precision and your pragmatic approach to perform, the following tasks with focus on application of hydrogen in the blast furnace.
- Studying the hydrogen impact on the reaction behavior of ferrous burden and coke
- Analyzing the contribution of individual reactions in case of high H2 content in the blast furnace
- Estimating the impact on CO2 emissions for the injection of different hydrogenous gases.
- Bachelor or Master studies with a specialization in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering
- Strong interest in blast furnace iron making process
- Good knowledge of thermodynamics and chemical reactions
- High degree of initiative and responsibility and willingness to fully invest yourself in the assigned projects
- Ability to work in a professional and independent manner and to quickly integrate yourself in a dynamic multinational and multicultural team
- Fluent in English.
Nice To Have:
- Language skills in French, German and Luxembourgish.
Apply for this job