Back to job offers
Internship - Combustion of hydrogenous gases in blast furnace tuyere (m/f)
Located in Luxembourg
Are you interested in taking the engineering challenges towards a greener environment? Are you enthusiastic to work in a dynamic team of engineers to develop new solutions toward less CO2 emission? Take this opportunity to leverage skills and talent. Inspire us with your professionalism, precision and your pragmatic approach to perform, the following tasks with focus on application of hydrogen in the blast furnace:
- Sstudy the combustion behaviour of hydrogen/hydrogenous gases in blast furnace tuyere
- Investigate the effect of hydrogen combustion on the pulverized coal combustion
- Optimize the amount of hydrogenous gases injection
If you are a team player with good communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills, if you can perform passionately while working independently, this could be the place for you!
- Engineering diploma in computational engineering, chemical, process engineering or metallurgical
- Good knowledge of blast furnace iron making process
- Being familiar with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Being familiar with OpenFOAM
- Experience in numerical and computational modelling
- Good knowledge of fluid dynamics, chemical reactions, heat, and mass transfer
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High degree of initiative and responsibility and willingness to fully invest yourself in the assigned projects
- Fluency in English.
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of French, German or Luxemburgish.
Apply for this job