Back to job offers
Internship / Thesis - Simulation of valve seat wear (m/f/d)
Located in Luxembourg
You will integrate the Functional Mechanics department and be involved in high hydrogen processes which requires new approaches for plant components.
Paul Wurth designs and supplies specialized valves to regulate material- and gas flows. The subject of this thesis supports the development of valves of this kind.
In valves with dust-loaded fluids, the passing particles wear out the seat areas over time. During the internship / thesis, a numerical approach should be found to compare different designs in terms of possible seat wear.
- Get an overview of the existing valve portfolio at Paul Wurth and competitors
- Literature research on calculation approaches of wear due to flowing fluids
- Transfer the knowledge into a simulation using ANSYS comparing different valve designs and damages known from field experience
- Compare the results and create a guideline of design principles that have a positive effect on the wear.
- Bachelor / Master studies in mechanical engineering or fluid dynamics or any other related field
- Fluent in English
- High degree of initiative and responsibility and willingness to fully invest yourself in the assigned projects.
Nice To Have:
- French, German and Luxemburgish language skills
Apply for this job