Back to job offers
Static Calculation Engineer - Steel Structure (m/f)
Located in Luxembourg
The Static Calculation Engineer is member of the Static Calculation team belonging to the Blast Furnace Plant Layout department in our Business Unit Iron. Based at the headquarters in Luxembourg, this position requires involvement in most of the industrial projects of the company, interaction with customers and sub-contractors.
Are you a reliable team player with an international mindset, strong communication, analytical and logical problem solving skills? If you are able to totally devote to your work and manage numerous assignments simultaneously, then this could be the place for you.
- Development and calculation of static calculation models for steel constructions in an industrial field
- Project related teamwork together with plant engineers and designers from different engineering disciplines
- Development of alternative designs to fit project requirements and value engineering
- Participation in internal engineering workshops to find solutions
- Support of internal engineering teams in using appropriate standards and norms
- Consulting in design concerns and definition of design criteria
- Evaluation of feasibility concepts according to technical and economic criteria
- Supervision, coordination and controlling of sub-contractors.
- Interesting development possibilities in an international, innovative and dynamic company
- Large training measures and target-oriented feedback
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours and entitlement to leave, which exceeds the minimum legal standards
- Extra social security benefits like additional pension insurance, additional health and accident insurances.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Civil Engineering specialized in structural analysis of steel constructions or in another comparable industrial field
- Strong knowledge in SCIA Engineer or other comparable structural calculation software
- Strong knowledge in structural sizing and calculation of steel construction acc. to EN 1993 / EC3, as well as in other applicable norms and standards
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position, in an industrial or construction environment
- Basic knowledge in pressure vessel design and calculation (PED / EN 13445)
- Basic knowledge in FEM / FEA calculation, preferably with Ansys, basic knowledge in Cesar and/or Rohr 2
- Basic knowledge in EN 1090 (fabrication and CE marking)
- Fluent in English and good language skills in either French or German.
Apply for this job